Last month Ann Loseva, a fellow teacher in Moscow, asked me to answer some questions from one of her students about North Korea. She asked me because I visited the country in 2010 and had written about it for the travel website Global Grasshopper. She had used the article with her student who wanted to know more, so together they made a list of questions and sent them over to me.
I’m certainly no expert, but since I’ve been there, I did my best to answer the questions. I decided to answer the questions in a video, and since I’d gone to the effort of making it, I thought I’d might as well share it with you. Hopefully some of you will find something useful in it.
The questions I answered:
1. What do people do when they take rest?
2. Where do people travel?
3. What programs are shown on TV?
4. What is daily routine of people?
5. What are the main subjects at school?
6. What is the level of healthcare?
7. Who do children want to be?
If you do find a use for it, let me know, I’d love to see what you do with it.